Tuesday, March 10, 2009

i live with the temperature

our building is full of instruments.  across one courtyard and up a floor today there was a man playing a guitar and singing along.  somewhere downstairs there are some classical strings. above us is a woman who's singing is more like wailing. and once, we thought we heard a didgeridoo, although it might have just been serious guitar distortion.  so that's where we live. sometimes it's nice, but often just vaguely noisy.

i feel like i owe some photos, but i haven't taken any new ones in a while.  I mean to take some photos of projects i've been working on and post those, but these will have to do for now, just some updates form the pompidou. 


oh pi-ca-sso. you fiend.

hello francis picabia.

de l'atelier d'Andre Breton... i want it all.

of course.

it's been an ice cream and brownies kind of week, and it's just begun.  but soon annie gets to leave for a break and my family arrives to love and distract me for a while.  i will soak up all their energy.
also, i don't think i've mentioned it, but this is the first period of my life where i have discovered a love of avocados. i'm not sure how it happened, but it has revolutionized salads.

other things that are in my head right now: paper mache, tents, rooftop garden possibilities, costumes, baking bread, and "meanwhile, let's battle the alligators." (thank you allen kaprow)



2 comments:

Kim Wardenburg said...

katie dearest,
i was just reading a book on alan kaprow the other day =) you would love the library at bezalel. There are so many good books!

I had a dream last night I came back to wash U with only 2 prints, and I think they were going to fail me or something - horrible. I wish I had you and annie here to give me motivation! It's really hard adjusting to such a different work atmosphere. But alas, all is well, and I have finally begun some work.

you need to post some pictures of your work, missy. =) Also, I will send you my address - i just moved and I don't know my zip code yet....

take care and eat some pistachio ice cream for me!

Kim Wardenburg said...

katie,
i have a special something read to send to you and annie. It will be in the mail shortly, so keep your eyes peeled for some mail art goodness =)